Return to Work as Quickly as Possible with Physical Therapy
It is no secret that sustaining an injury at work can lead to physical, mental, and monetary stresses. This is especially true if you are unsure how long your recovery period will be. Fortunately, Pelham Physical Medicine can help you set up a rehabilitation plan so you can recover from your work injury and return to work as quickly as possible.
Many physical therapy treatment plans are covered under workers’ compensation insurance, so you can get the treatment you need without stressing over the costs! For more information on how our services can help you recover and return to work, contact our Bronx physical therapy office today.
What is considered a work injury?
Any injury, ailment, or illness that is sustained while an employee is on the job can be defined as a work injury. Some occupations are at a higher risk of sustaining a work injury than others, especially if the environment is dangerous. For example, the fields of police work, nursing, and construction often obtain an increased risk of work-related injuries. However, even jobs that may not seem dangerous on the surface can still lead to pain or injury.
Office jobs can also lead to injuries in certain circumstances. While you may not think you’re at risk, sitting in the same position for prolonged periods of time can take a toll on your body. Those who have occupations in offices or factories are also commonly prone to repetitive motion injuries, due to the nature of their job duties.
If you get injured at work, it is important to seek help sooner rather than later. Any injury left untreated can become more severe over time. According to MoveForwardPT, physical therapy is the most cost-effective treatment option for treating a work injury, and you should get started today.
Common work injuries:
There are various injuries that may be sustained on the job. However, the 5 most common include:
- Back pain. The most commonly reported source of pain is back pain. Back injuries are typically caused by rotating or twisting your back the wrong way. This can develop from several work-related activities, such as sitting at a desk for the entire workday, putting too much force on your back, or repeatedly lifting heavy items.
- Tendinitis. Moving the same body part over and over can cause tendinitis to develop. Symptoms typically include pain, swelling, and tenderness. This condition most commonly occurs in the shoulders, elbows, and knees.
- Sprains and strains. Sprains affect the ligaments in your body while strains affect the tendons. These occur when the ligaments or tendons are stretched beyond their limits, due to a sudden trauma or repetitive motions. They can also occur as a result of improper use of equipment.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. When the median nerve in the wrist becomes compressed, carpal tunnel syndrome occurs. This typically happens as a result of repetitive motions, such as assembly line work or excessive typing. According to Harvard Health, it is necessary to seek treatment for this condition as soon as possible, in order to avoid long-term nerve damage.
- Auto accidents. There is always a risk of sustaining an injury from an automobile accident if you work in a job that requires the use of a vehicle. Work-related auto accidents can result in injuries ranging from mild cuts and abrasions to broken bones and severe whiplash.
Find treatment for your work injury today!
Physical therapy has been used as a successful treatment method for numerous work injuries. Our Bronx physical therapists are dedicated to providing you with the best treatment plan for your individual needs, in order to relieve your pain, improve your mobility, and promote overall healing.
Treatment plans typically consist of targeted exercises and stretches, aimed at improving your function. Additional treatments may also be added as our physical therapist deems fit, including manual therapy, ice and heat therapies, ultrasound, or electrical stimulation.
Our physical therapist will also provide you with helpful techniques to help you perform tasks easier at work, while simultaneously lowering your risk of sustaining another injury. If you are looking for an easy, safe, and natural way to recover from your work injury as quickly as possible, look no further! Contact Pelham Physical Medicine today at Bronx, NY to schedule your consultation and get started on your path toward recovery so you can return to work quickly.